Tuesday 28 May 2013

A Story of A Little Fairy Angelonia

It was the first time ever Angelonia saw the morning sun,  the blue sky, the trees and plants, and felt the warmth of the soil:
 - I am home - she said. - I belong here.
She didn't know how she appeared in the lush of aloe plant, which thick leaves were also warm as seemed they soaked all the sun shine of the past few weeks. She knew that plants welcomed her in their abode.  She felt as if she had always been a part of this place. Looking up and down and around herself Angelonia wished she was tall enough to reach the branches of a graceful tree she noticed also grew in the same garden. 
The wind blew, stirring the emerald leaves of all the greenery, and Angelonia heard in their whisper:
- Fly...fly...fly..You can...fly.
"I can fly?!", - asked Angelonia herself. - "How is it possible? Only birds and butterflies can fly because they have ...wings!" As soon as she said the last word, she felt a pleasant tickling in her back, she touched it with her fingers and felt something so tender under them as made of the finest cobweb, but much softer and more solid. She looked back - those were the wings! Not only two of them, but 2 pairs of beautiful light yellow wings!
- I can fly! - she exclaimed, - and some power lifted her up of the ground, taking her higher and higher above  and soon she was able to touch the patterned crown of the tree. 
Angelonia found a cozy place on one of its branches and sat there, surrounded by fragrance of the curry leaves. The sun was piercing through them, touching Angelonia's face with its warmness. She felt happy and a big smile was not leaving her face.
 Sitting up there she was trying to figure out what she would do tomorrow, where would she go, who would she meet.
 - I will do my best and will be protecting this garden and making plants happy. - decided Angelonia. - They need my care, no matter if its a big tree or a tiny flower, I will always be there.

 This is the story of a little fairy who once appeared in my garden and would be guarding it now. I am sure she will express a wish to visit other gardens too and give them her magical blessing.

Have a wonderful, fruitful week, my dears! Believe that you can fly :)

Note: a wonderful pattern for this amigurumi fairy Margarita was made by a great designer Mia Zamora-Johnson of Petite Purls. Link to the pattern is here. Her fairy is much cuter and looks tiny, though in the pattern it says she is 6.5 inch tall, while mine came out to be only 6 - she has a big head for big thoughts :)

49 comments:

  1. I love Angelonia she is so cute! it must be very reassuring to know that she is protecting your beautiful garden. I'm thinking maybe my garden needs an Angelonia, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I am so glad you like her :) She is definitely my garden fellow now! May be such fairy will appear in your garden too?they always come when they are most needed!

      Delete
  2. Aww, she is so cute and smiley:) and your story was even cuter :)
    You made it very nicely: the perfect smile and those beads in her hairs. Well done!! I think your garden will grow more fast....give her a magic wand too;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Preeti! I am very happy that you liked my little fairy. Oh yea... I hope she will protect it from this unbearable heat...

      Delete
  3. She is so adorable!!! I want to give her a big hug!!! <3 Loved the story too. But...you aren't going to leave her out in the elements are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is giving you a big hug, Jojo! :) No, no, no! She will stay indoors of course :) How could I?

      Delete
  4. She is PERFECT - SUCH a happy little thing. Beautiful job on making her - XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya :) Yes, I made her happy so that by looking at her even I can feel more cheerful every day :)

      Delete
  5. How sweet this post is! She is cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) She is pleased to know she is cute!

      Delete
  6. She is just adorable.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you too, Meredith, from both of us!

      Delete
  7. I love this story and I love little Angelonia! She is precious! I wish I could make one! Maybe I could ask my mom ;o) I believe I can fly ;o) Big Hugs and have a great week o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, your Mum would like to make a cute doll for her little daughter :) Hugs to you and your mum!

      Delete
  8. She's adorable and what a sweet and unexpected story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She blushes so much after so many nice comments addressing her :) Thanks, Rhissanna!

      Delete
  9. She's so sweet! Her beaded her is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elisabeth :0 She has got so many compliments already, she is blushing again :)

      Delete
  10. Hi once again. I dropped back by after reading your question on my blog about the plant I have pictured in the first part of the pist? I live in Western Texas, USA and it is a very common plant called Rose Moss. It blooms beautiful petaly flowers all summer long and is very easy to grow. Thanks for stopping by! Always love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!! Oh, thanks so much! Now I know its name, otherwise it is a shame when some flowers grow in your garden but you've got no idea how they are called :) it happens.

      Delete
  11. She is adorable! No other word describes her as well as that one, so even though I'm repeating what everyone else has already said, I'll stick with that! And what a wonderful story to go along with her. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! She and I are very please to have so many good comments!

      Delete
  12. She is the cutest fairy in all the land!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet story and a sweet little fairy. Her beaded hair, her big smile and those pretty wings are all so lovely. Wishing you a great rest of the week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy! She has a big smile as she is happy to be at such a lovely green place as..my garden !hehe

      Delete
  14. so cute!!! and you've made such a wonderful story with her in mind. Did you make her with Vardhaman yarn ?

    Ranjitha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ranjitha! Yes, I used Vardhman Brilon :) I like it.

      Delete
  15. As always you brought a wide smile on my face!! Have a magical day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy I made you a little happier :)

      Delete
  16. Super cute little fairy doll, Ann. And I like the story too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Medha :) I am glad you liked everything :)

      Delete
  17. Eres fabulosa, y por supuesto que podemos volar yo he volado con tu historia y me he sentido en las nubes, eres genial de verdad y esa pequeña hada te ha salido de dulce con esas perlitas colgando de su melena, me ha encantado tu entrada ha sido unos instantes preciosos leyéndote y viendo tu trabajo tan bonito, besito mil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matilda, thanks so much for your lovely comment! I am very very happy that you liked my story too..and Angelonia says thanks for compliments her side :)

      Delete
  18. So cute! I've never tried amigurumi crochet, I must give it a go. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, Hindustanka. Angelonia is adorable! And see? When she believed it, she COULD fly. What a darling story. Great job! Susan p.s. Thanks for all your visits and comments, too. You are a dear person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan :) we are pleased to get so many nice comments :)

      Delete
  20. She is BEAUTIFUL and I LOVE her story! The beads on her hair are lovely. And, of course, you probably already know how I adore the fact that wee Angelonia (lovely name) is protecting the green. Yay! for a lot of space for big thoughts ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Magaly! She is pleased to receive this comment from you :) she is also so happy to be a small fairy who protects the greenery! Yay!

      Delete
    2. Have you heard of the flower Angelonia? cause I found this flower in the net, but never heard of it myself.

      Delete
  21. OOh Anna - Love your beautiful fairy Angelonia and her wonderfully descriptive story....
    Have a happy weekend - maybe with Angelonia in your garden?!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali :) Yes, I will try to have as much nature related weekend as possible :)

      Delete
  22. Love this story...and the fairy is beautiful! The beads on her hair are so well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She likes the beads too... hehe :) Thanks for a kind comment!

      Delete
  23. She is a cutie pie. Loved how you did the hair styling! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Not sure though I will repeat an attemp... amigurumi exhausts me.

      Delete
  24. Angenola looks so beautiful! gonna try the pattern soon.. love her so much especially her blue eyes. great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anitha! Try out the pattern may be your fairy will be much much prettier :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...