Wednesday 26 September 2012

Autumn Crochet Ideas

    Though days  are still quite sunny in India and it is +30 in the day time, I can feel that the Autumn is coming here too: the days have become shorter, the evenings are cooler, some trees have got yellow leaves... I am definitely inspired by the Indian autumn and have so many ideas (just need to implement them) on the crafty front. This year I want to celebrate Halloween too, and thinking what I can create for our room decoration. I haven't started yet any crochet project however my husband's cousin is going to have a baby soon, so I am planning to gift a nice cozy crochet baby blanket for the upcoming winter. My D agreed that this would be a good present. Now the deal is to do yarn shopping this weekend.
    Another project I'd like to try is this nice Mandalay tunic designed by Diane Moyer. Colors are very autumn and the pattern seems to be easy to follow. You just need to crochet two scarf-like halves and stitch them together in front and at the back. 
    My week's achievement would be this simple six petal crochet flower pattern. I liked how the flower worked for decoration of granny squares. I have some doubts regarding it, so please suggest if I made some mistakes in the drawing or instructions. I will improve it :) 
Otherwise the pattern is simple indeed. This is the corner of a doily with six petal flower decoration and with leaves:
  
                                                
***Have inspirational Autumn!***

6 comments:

  1. Соме оn, dear! The Mandalay tunic is so easy. I want too. Make quick two scarfs and ... voila!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got that two halves make it. So, as soon as yarn is in my hands, I will start crocheting it :)

      Delete
  2. That tunic looks like a lot of fun to make, I might have to give it a try.
    Wishing you a wonderful day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, you shall try it too :)I'd like to see it then in your blog.

      Delete
  3. That tunic is beautiful, and I like the easy construction.

    Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Micawber, you are absolutely right! Easy to make tunic is good :) have a good weekend too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...