Saturday 22 September 2012

Granny Square Variation and Stencil Tulips

    Is this always like this that whoever starts crocheting granny squares, can't stop? I don't know, but I definitely want to make more and more of them! This week I came up with this fashionable fuchsia and black doily :)) Oh well, not fashionable, I just wanted to try some new colors and I like how they look together in a finished doily. I must have given the doily a slightly oriental look when combined with a belly dance coin kirchief, a hand made Rajasthan elephant and a "made in Turkey" candle holder. I was not happy however with how the colors came in the pictures, it was much paler, so I had to adjust color settings afterwards to make it bright. Have no I idea still what I am going to do with the doily, most probably will gift it or decorate something in the house.
    No, no, I didn't forget about my "planned" crafts :) I tried stencil art few days back. The result was, as expected, not at all perfect. I used acrylic and tempera paints, which leaked behind the stencil and made the tulip shapeless. Good thing that I didn't try it on some visible surface. That one was the back side of my cupboard door. I think with some more tries I will be able to do simple stencil drawings well.
  

***Have a bright weekend!***

6 comments:

  1. I do love making grannies. They work up so fast and you can make them as small or as big as you like. :) I have an elephant just like that one. Your stenciling looks pretty good to me. Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are absolutely right, Tammy! I do love grannies, as they have loads of crafty possibilities too. I am going to work on stencils more, thanks!
      Have a great day!!!

      Delete
  2. Very lovely!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors and result! Come on, make blanket with them ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Svetla, thanks! I just need to gain enough bravery and start the blanket:) Thanks for leaving an encouraging comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...