Friday 8 February 2013

Little Hearts and A Walk in the City Heart

One week has passed by, another week. Not a significant one, there was a little bit of this and that, as usual... waking up in the morning, going to office, then coming back and waiting for my D to come too, then having tea (or having it later), watching movie... By the way we watched a very good film "Gandhi", in which Ben Kingsley plays the main role (of Gandhi of course:)). May be some of you saw it, but if you didn't, do watch it, you'll definitely recognize many famous actors.
Today I had a nice walk in the lunch time. It was sunny, warm and a pleasant weather overall. This is so called "city heart", sector 17, which is the central part of the city and most popular place to hang out and shop.
Huge trees grow there, I'm fascinated by their trunk, which reminds me veins or even limbs of a human...
Last year this was the time when I renewed my crochet hobby, and the first thing I made was a stuffed Valentine's heart for my D. This year I'm still thinking what I can make for him, perhaps Cheburashka will be to the purpose, or may be better let it go and have a spontaneous Valentine's day? Let's see. 
Yesterday, however I made myself to sit and make at least some little hearts to decorate the rooms. Somehow I got into the mood of "all lovers' day"  as we call it in my native country.
If you wish to make these hearts, I prepared a pattern with some pictures. Hope you will find it useful in anticipation of a holiday, as it's a quick and easy project, which makes it suitable for beginners as well (oh, sounds like I'm already a mature crocheter). I made this pattern while I was in the office (yea, I have a damn interesting job!lol) so photos might seem to be taken from hiding ... what is actually true.
Little Hearts Pattern:
Ch4, join in ring
Ch1, 6sc in ring, join in first ch1
Ch3 (counts as dc), dc in same st, [2dc in next st] 2 times, in next st make [dc, picot, dc] - made heart's pointed bottom; [2dc in next st] 3 times. Join in the base of first ch3. Make a loop for hanging the heart :)
Here is how you can make a loop so that to hang the heart anywhere you want. 
In the end I came up with 6 hearts - not bad for one working day :)
I made these yesterday. I like red and orange ones especially. 
Have a hearty weekend, my dears! Sending loads of warmness and best wishes your side!

36 comments:

  1. What a fun walk - they had those trees in Hawaii when I was there last summer...Banyan Trees.

    The hearts are adorable - thanks for the sneaky pictures and the great tutorial! XOXO Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these Banyan Trees! wow, so good when you recognize things :)
      Thanks for liking the hearts, I enjoyed making them!

      Delete
  2. Gledala sam film,odličan je!
    Srca su baš slatka,ja ih heklam malo drugačije,može na više načina:)
    Pozdrav!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know you also saw that movie, Ljubinka.
      Yea, there many variations of such hearts :)

      Delete
  3. Ghandi is a good film! Love that beautiful tree trunk! Thank you for the tutorial on making the cute little hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute hearts and your town looks very pretty. Is it warm there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jojo! Our city is very beautiful, I showed just a small part of it. Yes, it was around +18 +20:) Today is sunny too! ^ - ^

      Delete
  5. These are so cute! They are unbelievable. I could nt decifer the code lol( i have completely no idea how crochet works) but i just adore the idea of filling the house with cute little red hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greekwitch, you can easily learn crochet, and decorate your house in symbols of luck, love and all :) This could be great!I'm going to attach hearts today in my room and other rooms too :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Hindustanka, I love your hearts so sweet, thank you for the comment on my blog about the hearts did you see my reply, I hope you try them again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Linda! Thanks and I will definitely get back to your pattern ;)Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Lovely pictures of the city! I'm laughing at the idea of doing the pictures for the hearts while at work! Yes Gandhi is a great film. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and , I simply HAD to utilize my free time in the office, shh, don't tell anyone ;)
      I'm glad that so many people, including you, saw this movie and liked it.

      Delete
  8. Very sweet hearts, Happy Weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meredith! Have a nice weekend too :)

      Delete
  9. Your little hearts are very cute! Thanks for the pattern! Must be fun and adventure creating crochet items in office ;) keep it up! Don't worry we don't know who your boss is and we can keep your secret as long as you keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute little heart..looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anna

    Little hearts are really lovely. Vely vely cute. It must have been fun making them while at OFFICE :) Childlike pleasures. Ain't it? And I love such trees too. Don't know why but they fascinate me a lot. There's one on the right side of Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. Don't forget to see it if you go there. The tree stands out amongst the others. I think I'll post a pic of it one day.

    Have fun
    Aishwarya

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely place to take a walk at lunch time! Your crochet hearts are so "sweet". Wish I knew how to knit. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also liked it...today will try again:)hehe
      I'm glad you liked hearts :)

      Delete
  13. Beautiful blog and hearts
    love
    maria
    mscreations27.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so pretty, thank you for the pattern, I really must see if I can crack crochet this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Annie! You shall give it a go, no doubt you will crack it! Same as I still resist knitting, as I ttink it's not my from of art, But i really want to try to.

      Delete
  15. I love the movie "Gandhi" -- Ben Kingsley totally deserved his Oscar win for Best Actor. Those little hearts are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did deserve this award, and he even resembles Gandhi so much!
      Thanks, I'm glad you likes the heart, Debra :)

      Delete
  16. Yes i did notice that particular mistyping and thought that Freud would have a blast with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He would have had..:)hehe. But I corrected it now :)

      Delete
  17. Oh and btw, i can't crochet or knit or sew or do any crafts of any sorts! I have tried so many times and failed miserably. Once i had set my mind on making dolls the faces out of clay and their clothes of various things. I ended up making this scary looking things that were very similar to Phoebe's dolls coming out of the paintings(if you are a Friends's fan you might remember the uglyness!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, fine, I will skip this part that you have to believe in yourself..yes, you have to, but I guess you have some other hobbies which you enjoy and good at. haha, I do remember Phoebe's painting, well she was one extraordinary girl :)

      Delete
  18. So that is what a banyan tree looks like! Thanks Anna and Tanya :) I've used banyan yarn before but had never seen the tree! The hearts you have made are adorable x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, and I never knew there is such yarn! So thanks to you too for a piece of info ;)
      Thanks, Elisabeth, I'm glad you liked the hearts.

      Delete
  19. Such beautiful photographs!
    Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeahh, there they are!! Love your little hearts, so sweet :-♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like we are having similar weather right now. Thought I'm afraid it might be getting a little dusty out there right now. The wind has started to kick up some and we've had clouds off and on. I see that you are making little hearts, too. I even took my hook and yarn with me when we went out to eat on Friday and managed to make 4 hearts while we waited for our food. Unfortunately, my job is so busy, I barely take a break, which is why when I come home, I just want to do anything relaxing. Have a wonderful week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely pictures Anna! And I love your mini crochet hearts. I might try them soon - need so more granny square practice first!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...