Monday 5 January 2015

Cakes, crochet and flowers

First of all, Happy New Year to all! May it be happier than the previous one and bring you all the things you wish for! Aww... I have a guilt for abandoning blogging, and lets admit, you my friends... but you never left my mind! Every day I'd think whether I had something ineteresting to tell about, I took pictures but they ended up being locked up in the camera memory card. I freed them today. I so to say freed myself in these last 3 months as My Indian Prince grew a little more. We started going out, I visited my friends, I resumed my hobbies, I started working from home for my company, I recently colored my hair burgundy, and also they are showing "The Desperate Housewives" and "The Big Bang Theory".. So life has got better, touch wood. :) Plus an immense pleasure of being a mom to my little boy who grows up so fast, and Today he is 6 months old :)))
So here what I have been all these months. We went to Kasauli hills few times back in November. Once it was foggy, damp, and a little cold. Some parts of the hills looked like in a dark fairytale... I'm having goose bumps when seeing that fog veiling the trees...
And the abundance of colorful flowers all scattered on the hill side was a pleasant view.
I suppose that once the dahlia seeds were spread by wind from some garden,and since then they have become wild dahlias.
The other time it was sunny and warm, but the night was cold and I couldn't keep my baby out for long. The night in the hills is so different from the one in the city! When our son was sound asleep we spent some time at the balcony, star gazing and watching at the glittering lights in the hills.
The last time we made the trip with our friend and her kids. I even had an opportunity to go for a walk with her and my D without my baby! We admired various flowers growing on the road side.
These reminded me of a tomato plant. I don't know its name though.
Oh,I baked  these days ! I tried out banand cake recipe, eggless, and it turned out great! Also I baked my mom's favorite apple Sharlotka. All made from atta (Indian flour).
As I had said I visited my friends too, and especially enjoyed baking by Lebanese friend. So now I know a little bit of Lebanese kitchen too. 
When the weather started getting colder I made two pairs of crochet slippers.
This pair was made for my sister-in-law.
And yea, I finally finished the throw I began last year.. before  i got to know I was pregnant. I am not a fast crocheter, lol.
This is only my second crochet blanket.  I wanted to incorporate lavender color and beige. If interested, it is the Red heart square pattern I used. Looks totally different from the one on the website. My squares are also smaller.
Dear friends, I will tell more about latest events, how we are trying to implement cultures' chord, what challenges are there when bringing up a child in a multicultural, multilingual family. Till then take care and I miss you all a lot!

27 comments:

  1. Anna.... Happy New Year to you and your family

    Nice to see your post after long. I guessed right... The reason for your absence

    Lovely trip. The pics say it all...

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aishwarya! I have been busy, yes, but also need to get back to regular blogging habit :)

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! So nice to have a post from you again, full of your adventures and cheery photos. I hope 2015 is a fabulous year for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are still with me Debra! Hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic photos!!
    Lovely slippers, wonderful blanket!!
    Happy New Year!:*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ljubinka! Thanks and I will go check out your creations soon :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Anna,Wish you a happy new year !!You have done some lovely crocheting projects.I also like the pictures of your trip,specially mist covered mountains..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Anna - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Can't get much better than having that adorable baby, and getting to work from home! I've had you on my mind for so very long - glad to hear, and see, that you are doing great! XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tanya, I'm all right. My life is so full now, sorry maybe that was the reason I stopped blogging and communicating for a while. But I'm back! Take care!

      Delete
  6. Hi Anna, Happy New Year! I've wondered how you've been doing. 6 months already. My how time does fly. Crochet slippers are still on my list of things to make one day. Glad to see you've had some trips and are doing well. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! You should try to make one pair, they are addictive, seriously.

      Delete
  7. Kasauli hills look like a beautiful area ,thanks for the pictures.Your blanket,Anna,is very pretty! I like the colors. Szarlotka is my favorite too. I wish you and your family healthy,successful and happy New 2015 Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very beautiful there, even though Hills are not high there. Thanks for your wishes!

      Delete
  8. Happy new year Anna, I'm pleased all is well with you and your little family, I can't believe your little one is 6 months old already, how time flies. I love the slippers and your blanket is beautiful I love the colours. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I'm pleased to know that you are also still with me :)

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year, Hindustanka! I can imagine it's tough to fit in blogging with a little one. Wait until he starts walking! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, yea, everybody warns me :) but I guess it will also be a thrilling time for all of us! Thanks, Insomniac!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful photos and welcome back! I missed you!!! I'm happy to hear that things are going well for you and your sweet little family. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jojo, I was missing you too, need to check out your blog soon :) thanks!

      Delete
  11. Happy New Year! I sent you an email last week. I've been missing your blog and was wondering how your life has been. Please post a picture of your baby. We would love to see him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, so good to know Charlotte! I will post though I don't usually do in my blog. But I know you are excited to see the Indian prince, thanks!

      Delete
  12. I'm sooo happy to see you (read you?) back and with flowers and yummy foods and the colors of your wonderful crochet. How I missed you and your grace. I hope your 2015 is wondrous and full of the things you and yours have wished for.

    Love, love, love the dahlias!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was missing you a lot Magaly! Thanks for being with me :)

      Delete
  13. Happy New Year ;o) So great to see you ;o) I love the photos ;o) I can't believe the little one is already 6 months! Wow! The blanket looks amazing! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohlala how many pretty photos here!!! I like all the flowers you're showing here and the sweets you have cooked seem so yummy.
    You have such a colourful and interesting blog,
    kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...