Thursday 9 May 2013

Victory Day - 9th of May (9 мая - День Победы)

Last year I also marked this day in my blog, because this was the day which will always stay in my memory and in the memory of all people who were less or more linked to the fight against fascism in World War II. But to tell the truth there was no family who didn't feel the consequences of that war... You ask anyone about that period between 1941-1945 and they would recollect that their grandfathers and grandmothers fought for freedom. My late grandparents were also there, and they were there when Nazi Germany surrendered to Soviet Union army on the 9th of May. However all the countries suffered irreplaceable losses during the World War II. So why do we still fight and kill again and again? Don't we love our own people? Don't we want our children to live in a better world? Didn't we learn from those mistakes? 
Today I wish everyone of you, your families and my family to live in peace and harmony with the world and themselves. Let the sun shine bright and give us life and happiness!

Happy Victory Day - 9th of May!

10 comments:

  1. Yes, happy Victory Day! My father was a soldier in WW2 with the Canadian forces and fought in Italy. Those war years marked him for life, as they did all people who lived through that terrible conflict.

    P.S. Moby-Dick is boring in places and can be hard to slog through. But I'm an extra-slow reader because I get side-tracked so easily! It's kind of a running joke on my blog that I've been reading Moby-Dick since 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do wish the wars would stop.....it's so pointless and a huge waste of life and money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, my friend...Happy Victory Day, indeed! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hindustanka. Thanks for your visit to my blog. Milk glass is a type of collectible glass. It comes in the color white, light green and even black! The kind with the little bumps on it, like the one shown in the post, is called "hobnail." Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I add my wishes to yours. And I hope that one day the children of our children can read history and laugh at war. I wish that they can say, "I'm pretty sure half of that is made up. People just don't hate each other that much."

    I second Aishwarya's notion: "May peace prevail," indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peace, love and happiness to all ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your country went through so much in that terrible war ... Happy Victory Day, and may the lessons learned in conflict be remembered in times of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a touching post. I agree with you. A prayer for peace and happiness sent your way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...