Saturday 15 September 2012

Beadwork - old hobby

   The last working day for me, then one day off and then work again :( I feel that I spend way too much time in the office doing work I don't really like. But I definitely enjoy some other things: being with my husband first, sharing with him my news, talking to him, showing him my craft projects and feeling happy when he likes them. My D now has an opportunity to get to know my old, abandoned hobby - the beadwork. 
   I purchased few packets of beads last year on Diwali day but never used. A girl from the office I work in saw old bead bracelets on my wrist two days ago and said she would like to have such too. I promised that I would make one for her. This is how the bead work hobby got its boost. The bracelet in the pictures below, consisting of blue and pink beads, was made for the girl. These beads however were taken from my stash in Kazakhstan, when I went there this Summer. The glass beads don't lose their color and sparkle even over the years. Well, I am glad I have a table mat now to use it as the background for photo sessions :)



   Inspired by the previous work, I made one more bracelet for myself  yesterday late evening. I love those silver beads, they shine like real metal. Now my D knows that soon I will have to buy more of supplies for my resumed hobby.
                                 
                                 
                           
***Have a sparkly weekend!***

4 comments:

  1. very cute!! i used to also make beaded bracelets.. I had a small 'loom' to weave them across ..is that how you made these? it looks a little different though so maaybe you have another technique..they're both very pretty..well done you are very crafty and talented with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot, Bonita Bon Bons :) well, I also know this way of beadwork - with a loom,but these bracelets were made just in weaving technique. i would love to see your works too, may be you can add some beadwork to your nail art designs:)like tiny bead flowers and leaves. thanks for being supportive of my activities.

      Delete
  2. Please tell me where I can find beadstores here in Delhi. I have no idea where to start. All I can find is cheap jewelry (places like Paharganj) already made.
    Any tips would be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Alyssa! Glad you found time to leave a comment :) I live in Chandigarh, so don't really know about such shops in Delhi. All I can advise is to search for shops which sell supplies for suit stitching like laces, buttons, needles, threads etc. I bought my beads from such kind of shop here.Hope it helps.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...